How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27594
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking public defender lawyer son who is

Customer Question

I'm looking for a public defender lawyer for my son who is in the Schuylkill prison Pottsville Pa. He has been accused of sexually molesting his two stepdaughters 14 & 16 the 16 year old is in a mental capacity in Placerville pa. where my son was when they arrested him & took him to jail. He was so full of medications from the hospital & the police pushing a confession in front of him he signed it without relizeing what he is doing, I know my son & I know he would not hurt a soul in his right mind. His wife has put into the minds of the girls what she wants them to say & saying that is what happened. She also told his 20 year old daughter to say the same thing so he is up against 3 charges. I know he didn't do this, the house they live in has his three daughters he has by her 11 yr. old twins & a 7 yr. old who he loves dearly & would never hurt them. their house has a lot of people living there which don't really belong. Please he needs help right away.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The public defender is appointed by the court. As such, when he makes his initial appearance and is arraigned, he can ask to be appoint the PD and they will be assigned to him. Right now, the PD will not get involved, since they have not be appointed yet by the Judge. Now, as far as the "confession", if it was not knowingly,intelligently and voluntarily, then there could be a legal basis to suppress it and not allow it to come into evidence. if he was forced into this and/or on medication and did not know what he was doing, then it could be tossed. I know he needs help right away but he first needs to be appointed the PD and there is likely going to be a bond hearing at some point, to see if he can be released while the case is pending.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!