How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27467
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person gets public intoxication charges, goes to court,

Customer Question

If a person gets public intoxication charges, goes to court, pays a fine, and successfully does their 60 days of probation, does the charge stay on their record?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Public intoxication is a misdemeanor, so it will appear on your criminal record unless you take affirmative steps to petition the court to expunge it.
You would be eligible for an expungement to remove this charge from your record if it is your only conviction and you've waited 5 years from the completion of your probation to apply for it.