P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

If I think someone went to a pawn shop and pawned a gold cross

Customer Question

If I think someone went to a pawn shop and pawned a gold cross I gave to a person for Christmas of Jesus and I went to the pawn shop and talked to the broker is it illegal for him to ask me for her name and birthday and year of birth. and it showed on the computer that she had been in a pawned something but he could tell me no more. I need to know as soon as possible because the cross had many memories and I am getting a lot of lies about this situation from the person who pawned it.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking if you can force the pawnbroker to provide you this information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just need to know if I can get in trouble or the pawn broker for just giving me her name and date of birth I know she pawned my cross she says no but her name came up on the computer so she had to of been there
Thank you.
There is no law preventing you from asking. And there is no law preventing the pawn broker from sharing the information. But there is also no law requiring the pawn broker to share the information.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.