How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested and incarcerated by an erroneus bench warra

Customer Question

I was arrested and incarcerated by an erroneus bench warrant
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of this matter
Can you tell me how this happened?
What is the information I can provide; what is your question, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to recoup the fee for towing my truck and lost wages from my job

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
And I don't blame you.
I suggest that you will need to sue the arresting agency. And because it is not easy to sue a police agency or court I suggest you may want to consider consulting with a local attorney.
Additionally, you could be entitled to more compensation in punitive damages for the emotional distress you suffered. So if you consult with a local attorney they can evaluate the entire matter and they can work for you on a contingency - meaning there is no fee to you but they will take a percentage of any settlement they can get for you.
Generally, these type of cases never make it to court, if there is a skilled attorney working to negotiate a settlement on your behalf.