How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27449
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I get a bench warrant in NH due to a creditor taking me

Customer Question

If I get a bench warrant in NH due to a creditor taking me to court.. And I'm out of country.. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a criminal lawyer. The best way to get rid of this warrant so that it will not cause you any difficulty on your way back into the US would be to contact a lawyer in the state where the warrant is and see if he can go before the judge and have it vacated for you before you return. If the matter that generated the warrant is not a very serious one, the lawyer may be able to take care of the entire matter so that you never have to come back to court on it. If it is more problematic, he may not be able to help at all. But a lawyer is your only chance of removing the warrant because nobody else can appear on your behalf before the judge