How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 30 year old warrant in Wa state I was

Customer Question

hi I have a 30 year old warrant for arrest in Wa state I was unaware of until tsa puled me out of line on recent trip to FL. I've lived in the UK for 30 years - I have no idea what the warrant is for and was unaware of it. They said don't go to WA state! I enter the USA twice a year so need this removed - I am a US citizen. How do I find a local lawyer to resolve this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Unfortunately, we are not able to recommend a specific lawyer or law firm as that's against this site's terms of service, but we can direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they are in need of a lawyer in another jurisdiction or another specialty and don't know of anyone. Try the Florida State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral which includes a free half hour consultation. YOu can have that consultation by phone so that you won't have to make a special trip in just to deal with the lawyer. I have linked you to their site. Another option would be a commercial referral service. There are several of those. One that is highly regarded and which has been around for a long while is Many of Martindale's lawyers are client and peer-rated which customers may find useful to help them narrow down their possible choices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


thanks for the advice. Do you have a search link for WA state lawyers as that is the state the arrest warrant was issued in 1986 from Kitsap superior court port orchard WA. Also do you think I can deal with this from UK without having to go to WA sate?

thanks Kevin

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
I'm very sorry for the delay. I am enroute to a family wedding and am typing this during a layover while awaiting takeoff. Here is the link to the Washington State Bar Association's Referral Service. I think that given the age of the warrant, that a WA lawyer would be able to resolve this without you having to return from Washington to appear in court. I can't imagine that the state would still have much of a vested interest in prosecuting you at this time.

Related Criminal Law Questions