Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In need a lawyer to help me deal with my first offenders. I'm

Customer Question
off probation, but I did...
In need a lawyer to help me deal with my first offenders. I'm off probation, but I did have a weapons possession a and sale of a controlled substance on my first offenders and after the first offenders I also got a different and possion of marijuana and dui five years later Can I get my gun rights back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 4 days by:
5/5/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Unfortunately, Georgia is one of the less forgiving states when it comes to restoring civil rights. They do not expunge convictions.You get your voting rights restored automatically when you have completed your sentence. But for everything else, including your gun rights, you are going to need a pardon from the governor.You can apply for the pardon from the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Parole. I have linked you to their site. You'll find a link for Pardons on the left. If you succeed in getting the pardon, the pardon must specifically specify that you have them back.There are lawyers who specialize in the restoration of rights, if you are uncomfortable with do-it-yourselfl-lawyering.Here's the form for the pardon/restoration of your rights.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD