Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How do i find out about motions point reductions for

Customer Question
how do i find out...
how do i find out about motions for 2 point reductions for a family member who is incarcerated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 5 days by:
5/3/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) You may or may not see a timer on the question. The site is doing some testing, but do not worry, this timer should not get in our way. The question may be answered sooner than the timer ends, or a little after. The timer may reset or it may not. Point is - I will try and make it work for our conversation; and(C) For the sake of clarity I may break my replies into several parts, so there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies. Ergo, until you see me saying "I am ready to be rated," that means I am still working with you and we have not finished yet. I am going to assume that you are talking about the drug minus 2 amendments by the United States Sentencing Commission for the United States Sentencing Guidelines. This amendment raises the loss amounts for many fraud, tax, bribery and insider trading cases to account for inflation. By doing so, the Sentencing Commission has effectively lowered the incremental increases in Guideline levels based on loss amounts. The actual guidelines with the amended text history can be found HERE. For a summary, see HERE. I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct.. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Ely, Counselor at Law