Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was convicted of Misapplication of Funds ($50,000) by a bank

Customer Question

I was convicted of Misapplication of Funds ($50,000) by a bank officer in 1992, made complete restitution and served 10 months in Federal Prison Camp and halfway house. What are my chances of a Presidential Pardon?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

Every president can decide for himself the extent to which he wants to exercise his pardon power. President Obama has been very stingy in using his, in contrast to Bush who was comparatively generous.. The odds of anyone getting a presidential pardon are very, very low, because there's so much competition for them and so few are granted by the present administration. However, it is free to apply for a pardon and you can always reapply if rejected. YOu have nothing to lose by trying and if your only contact with the law was more than 20 years ago, you will have a better chance than many other applicants.