How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34324
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To whom it may conern:I live in the state of Ohio. My neighbor

Customer Question

To whom it may conern:
I live in the state of Ohio. My neighbor attempted to kiss me against my will when he invited me to visit him to see his artwork. I clearly said no and put my hand to his face. He attempted to do it again. I finally got out of his apartment shaken and afraid and confused about what to do. Do I have a case? Should I go to the property manager and the police?
I live in the state of Ohio.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
What you describe is assault. That is, if you clearly informed him that you wanted no physical contact and he proceeded to attempt to kiss you? That is considered assault under Ohio law.
So you can report this to the police. And, if you choose, you could file a civil lawsuit against him for this action.
Please let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help if I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to know what are my chances of winning?
Expert:  Emily-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you (
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

Related Criminal Law Questions