Criminal Law

On January 15, 2015, we had a lock down at the school were…

On January 15, 2015, we...
On January 15, 2015, we had a lock down at the school were I work. My principal send me with police officers to one of the classrooms. I was not aware of anything that was going on, once there I was surprised by other police officers pulling there guns as well as squad team with rifles. Later on I found out that the... Read full answer
On January 15, 2015, we had a lock down at the school were I work. My principal send me with police officers to one of the classrooms. I was not aware of anything that was going on, once there I was surprised by other police officers pulling there guns as well as squad team with rifles. Later on I found out that the reason why she send me is because the Assistant Principal refuse to go. This is not the first time that she has refused to go and I have been send with police officers. I'm just a secretary. Due to the incident I am now on medication for mixed anxiety and depressive disorder, as well as seeing a Psychologist. The school I work at has no cameras, no security and that same day earlier in the day I had informed my principal that the side door was unlock. Carmen Padilla
1/20/2015
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Have you been diagnosed with PTSD or a trauma related disorder due to the incidents at work?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Due to the incident my diagnosis is Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder ICD-9: 300.4: Dysthymic disorder

Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder ICD:9: 300.4: Dysthymic Idsorder

BEHAVIORAL PSYCHOTHERAPY REFERRAL

This is what the doctor stated as Diagnosis on the referral order.

I see. Thank you for clarifying this for me, Maria.
Illinois worker's comp does typically cover mental conditions which are caused by an employee's working conditions, so it would be best to file a WC claim against the employer.
Here is a link which provides information about this for your reference:
http://www.fishmanlaw.com/blog/mental-illness-illinois-workers-compensation-law/
Through the WC program, you are normally compensated for time missed from work due to your injury as well as for any permanent disability but employers normally contest such claims, so it would be best to retain a local WC attorney to represent you on a contingency fee basis so there is no fee to you unless they prevail on your behalf.
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!
Tina, Lawyer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My son has received a phone call from an inspector attorney
My son has received a phone call from an inspector attorney general for suspected welfare fraud, whom my son is on parole and the accusations are not true, due to. He was moving to one place to another within a months time . And he left a home which he was on parole at then move somewhere else then move back to the home he was paroled to. … read more
M. Jacob Mihalov
M. Jacob Mihalov
Solo Practitioner,
My 14yr old 9th grade son was questioned by the principal
My 14yr old 9th grade son was questioned by the principal and uniformed law enforcement agent because the law enforcement agent said he saw my son vaping in the bathroom. My son denied vehemently and … read more
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
Attorney,
What can I do about a cop that took my rifles out of state
What can I do about a cop that took my rifles out of state and is not going to give them back. How do I report a cop to the police I broke up with a friend Of this cop. We use to be friends… read more
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
I am on probation for two years and have completed a year
Second opinion] I am on probation for two years and have completed a year and did programs in those years. IOP and impatient. I have ADHD and panic attack disorder and PTSD from 911 when I was attacke… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
My wife and I were falsely accused of basically being
My wife and I were falsely accused of basically being crazy... Long story but I'll try to sum it up. A man came to our door with a police officer and my wife and I were taken to a mental hospital unde… read more
Attorney,
Hello,My thirteen year old called me after school because
Hello, My thirteen year old called me after school because he got.into a fight. I was out of town mad arrangedor a friend to pick him up.. he said he was bleeding and being a first time of such incide… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
my daughter is being bullied relentlessly by the principal,
my daughter is being bullied relentlessly by the principal, who is pressuring the teachers to help with the constant degrading treatment of my daughter, i am afraid that if I talk to the principal it … read more
Litigation Attorney,
My son is arrested on 417.8 What is the best course of
My son is arrested on 417.8 What is the best course of defense? His is assigned a Public defender and given the following details. He is mentally unstable. When he was in an elementary school he was d… read more
Attorney,
My 12-year-old son was accused on Friday of saying he was going
My 12-year-old son was accused on Friday of saying he was going to bring a gun to school and shoot another student. My son has never been in trouble at school and is on the Dean's list. He was accused… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
I have a court date June 18 for violation of daytime curfew
I have a court date June 18 for violation of daytime curfew law regarding my six year old special needs son. He was enrolled in kindergarten but hasn't attended since October on the advice of his doct… read more
Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru
Attorney at Law,
I teach at a school (high school) and have coached here for
I teach at a school (high school) and have coached here for the past 7 years, up until this year, when I took time off from coaching the high school team, however I do coach a year round team that is … read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
Hi, I am a snowbird in Florida ( I live in Ohio) and wont
Hi, I am a snowbird in Florida ( I live in Ohio) and won't be back until 4-1-11. In March, there is a grand jury and I am a witness for the prosecution. I told them that I won't be coming back until A… read more
Lawyer,
Stop searching for answers—
Are swords illegal too own in the state of New York I am talking
Are swords illegal too own in the state of New York? I am talking about medieval type swords where there is an edge on both sides.… read more
Attorney,
My father in law is a criminal that was release 4 years ago
My father in law is a criminal that was release 4 years ago after serving 18 years for drugs (cocaine) I guess he is still under parole but he also has a weapon (Rifle) which is not register at this p… read more
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
My daughter was taken out of school in handcuffs for a first
My daughter was taken out of school in handcuffs for a first time incident in the high school she attends. She was also given a three day suspension along with fines. The other students involved recei… read more
Attorney,
There was accident involving my son on the school parking lot
There was accident involving my son on the school parking lot last week(2/18). The videotape, from the parking lot cameras, the officer went to retrieve from the school were erased by the time he arri… read more
Attorney,
My father gave my son a rifle and I am a convicted felon. My
My father gave my son a rifle and I am a convicted felon. My son called the police to report me for possession of a firarm by a felon. I did not know the weapon was in my residence. am I guilty of pos… read more
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme
Attorney,
I was arrested for cpw 3rd*, class D felony. What is the penal
I was arrested for cpw 3rd*, class D felony. What is the penal law code for that crime and how can I obtain the docket number to get certificate of disposition?… read more
johngibson15219
johngibson15219