Criminal Law

Person wrongfully accused by a family that he GAVE 75,000 to…

Person wrongfully accused by a...
Person wrongfully accused by a family that he GAVE 75,000 to start a business. One of the daughters accused this man of sexual molestation, There has been a grand jury hearing and indictmenstv were issued. He is innocent and just want the people he gave
the money to to forget the false charges and he will never bother them for any money ever.... Read full answer
the money to to forget the false charges and he will never bother them for any money ever. How can this be done.
1/11/2014
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I thank you for requesting me.
The law does not allow lawyers to always give good news, and unfortunately, I am not going to be able to tell you what you want to hear.
The person has been charged and indicted by a grand jury already. That means that a panel of ordinary Maine citizens have heard the evidence the prosecutor has and has agreed that there is probable cause to charge him with a felony. That means in laymen's terms that the grand jury believes that sexual molestation may have occurred and that he may have been the molester.
Once a grand jury votes an indictment, the state is not going to be dismissing these charges and there is no way that he can make the complainant just "forget the false charges." In fact, should he reach out and try to convince the complainant or any prosecution witnesses to drop the case or to change their testimony, if he is found out, that is witness tampering and it is another crime for which he could also be arrested and prosecuted.
He does have rights in this situation, and one of the most important is the right to confront the witnesses and the evidence against him in court and to challenge the credibility of that evidence. This is done through the trial process.
There's a big, big difference between what the prosecutor needs to get an indictment (just probable cause, which has a low standard of proof) and what the state needs in order to convict a person (proof beyond a reasonable doubt).
So the way to get this behind him is to hire himself a criminal lawyer and fight the charges and put the state to their proof.
Zoey_ JD
Thank you. He does not have confidence in his Criminal Lawyer. As an inmate he hears other inmates tell about how they have better attorneys and it has cause frustration. As an investigator, I already upsetb the prosecutor for I provided proof that this man did not violate bail conditions and was released, onkly to have his accusers make up a story that he was seen near their location and ance again a bail violation. This time he could not get bail.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My friend has been wrongfully accused of molesting his
Second opinion] My friend has been wrongfully accused of molesting his wifes' teenage granddaughter. He already has a hearing set for the 9th and has no idea what he is going into. Can you give us an … read more
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
Attorney,
A FRIEND OF MINE IS CHARGE WITH ASSAULT AND INCEST/PROH
A FRIEND OF MINE IS CHARGE WITH SEXUAL ASSAULT AND INCEST/PROH SEXUAL CONDUCT he is innocent BOTH BONDS WAS SET AT A TOTAL 55000 WE PAID ALMOST THE TEN PERCENT OF THAT BEFORE IT WAS REVOKED due to ano… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
My husband was arrested for child molestation after a woman
My husband was arrested for child molestation after a woman and her daughter accused him of trying to touch her when she slept in the middle of the night. She and her brother were sleeping in the livi… read more
Stop searching for answers—
What's the charge of wrongfully being accused of Aggravated
what's the charge of wrongfully being accused of Aggravated sexual assualt … read more
My boyfriend is being accused of battery. He never touched
My boyfriend is being accused of sexual battery. He never touched her. She however did expose herself to him and he told her he had to leave. She is mad because he rejected her and has made these fals… read more
James Daloisio
James Daloisio
Attorney,
My son's x-wife just filed a assult accusation against him
Hi, my son's x-wife just filed a sexual assult accusation against him to his own daughter. It would NEVER happen...An investigation jsut started and they said it could be up to months, and during this… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My 4 year old granddaughter is being called before grand
my 4 year old granddaughter is being called before grand jury her mothers boyfriend has molested her grand jury to hear case we want an indictment shes 4 has told what he did to her to myself her teac… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
My husband was arrested June 24th charged with a felony. He
My husband was arrested June 24th charged with a felony. He has been in jail ever since. he has not been arraigned. A grand jury was held Sept. 6th and the decision was to indict. he has not seen a la… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
Are you familiar with Georgia law? Ok! Thank you! My brother
My brother in law was accused of sexually molesting his daughter and without one shred of evidence he was arrested, thrown in jail for10 days, wore an ankle monitor for 2.5 years, and after 3.5 years after the accusation and arrest he was put on trial 2 weeks ago. The daughter whom he raised went to live with his ex in 2010 and two years later accused him of molesting her 242 times without one shred of evidence. She said she didn't remember it until after going to live with her mother. It was a nasty divorce and he and my sister were accused by this ex 8 times before of child abuse, were investigated and found innocent. So this time they went for the sexual accusation and took the Violence against women act into his employers office while he was still in jail with asterisks beside the wages to be filled out. The daughter had to be dragged back to Georgia from New York kicking and screaming... Someone from the DAs office flew to New York to escort her on the plane, put her in a motel and drive her to the courthouse. Her story on the stand didn't match the indictments, she couldn't remember what she was supposed to say, took off and didn'treturn for the verdict. Our family is very upset and we are exploring the possibility of suing the DAs office for bringing this case with no evidence... Only her word. My brother in law lost his 23 year chiropractic career, my sister lost custody of her children over these allegations, and their lives have been turned upside down. He was found not guilty in on the sodomy charge but the other3 charges were found not guilty10-2 in his favor and a mistrial was declared. Nowthey. Are living in fear this out of control woma. Da will retry him on the3 lesser charges and we feel something has to be done to bring these people to account. … read more
Maverick
Maverick
My preliminary hearing for charges of harassment and 3rd
My preliminary hearing for charges of harassment and 3rd degree assault was continued bcz prosecutor wasnt ready to proceed then couple weeks later I get letter stating its been changed to grand jury … read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
During an ACS Investigation i requested of My wife during a
During an ACS Investigation i requested of My wife during a custody hearing (for educational neglect of her children , one of which is mine), my stepdaughter falsely reported to ACS workers that she w… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
I shot a man back on March 21.2012.i was charged with muder
I shot a man back on March 21.2012.i was charged with muder until I wen to court on March 23.ths state dropped the chargers so they could convine a grand jurery.mean while what was in the local papers… read more
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Managing Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
What does "Dismissed due to grand Jury Indictment" mean when
What does "Dismissed due to grand Jury Indictment" mean when these are the charges? SEXUAL CONDUCT WITH MINOR 7/9/2001 Darwin Mangoba Abad 13-1410 (F2) MOLESTATION OF CHILD 7/9/2008 Darwin Mangoba Aba… read more
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
Juris Doctor (JD)
My daughter while 17 was bother by a 30 yr old male trying
My daughter while 17 was bother by a 30 yr old male trying to get to become a prostitute. She reported it to the police and worked with a detective whom was able to arrest and file charges against thi… read more
Attorney,
Was falsely and wrongfully a accused of crime regarding to
Was falsely and wrongfully a accused of crime regarding to Penal Code 288a. No evidence, no doctors, not even the arresting police officer was not there as a witness, Nothing. The the words of the DA … read more
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq.
Managing Lawyer/Advocate,
My husband is being accused by a former girlfriend of molesting
My husband is being accused by a former girlfriend of molesting her kids 2 yrs ago. The case is being investigated by a grand jury in another state two weeks from now. We are trying desperately to fin… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor,
What must be done about a person that was 20 years ago falsely
What must be done about a person that was 20 years ago falsely accused and charged with Penal Code 288a as a sex offender and is required to register for the rest of their life;and now wants to reopen… read more
Counselor at Law,
My son has been incarcerated approximately three(3)week with
My son has been incarcerated approximately three(3)week with charges of Child Molestation of a 10/yr old,his biological daughter. These alleged charges suppose to have taken place at his parents house… read more
Bappelman
Bappelman
Founder / Criminal Defense Lawyer,