How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. My son is on probation in Boulder Co. He wanted to move

This answer was rated:

Hi. My son is on probation in Boulder Co. He wanted to move to Chicago, and was accepted there. They set his first appointment with the probation officer for 11/20 but he has been trying to change that date to 12/2 to help his employer in Boulder . The PO in Chicago never returns his numerous calls. What can they do to him if he isn't there on 11/20?
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the attorney assisting you.

First, is he calling just that PO or going through the PO's office in Chicago?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He has made multiple calls to the PO, then talked to her supervisor, who said she didn't think it would be a problem, but would have to check with Officer XXXXX, XXXXX,s PO. But then he hears nothing....leaves voice mails, still nothing

Then he shouldn't worry.

As long as he can document his calls to the PO officer and has talked to the PO officer's supervisor - he's OK.

I don't want to understate that probation and parole violations are serious offenses that often result in harsh penalties such as community service, heavy fines, extended jail time, and more. The consequences associated with a parole or probation violation usually depends on a number of factors, including prior convictions and/or parole violations.

But, since he's made every effort and can document or itemize his attempts to contact his PO officer and has talked to his PO officer's supervisor - if the PO officer would take the extreme wrongful position and violate him he would go before the presiding judge who he could explain his multitude of efforts and no responses.

Clearly, under the circumstances the judge would no nothing and problably reprimand or scold the PO officer.

So, I would just inform your son to make sure he continues to attempt to contact the PO officer and that's all he can do.

But he shouldn't worry about his PO violating his probation under the circumstances.

Law Pro and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions