How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family law Attorney serving California statewide
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my son said the police were looking for me to question

This answer was rated:

Hello, my son said the police were looking for me to question me possible about a minor hit and run. No injuries or death. The funny thing is I did back into a car a few months back at a bar. Why so long has it taken them to investigate this? It was just like a fender bender. The police told my son they want to look at my car. There is some slight damage my cars bumper, like scrape marks. So when to cops ask me about the damage on my car, can I just say I want to exercise my right to Silence? Does Texas just do paper arrest? Would I have to spend the night in jail if they arrested me? Thanks

AttyCBradford :

Hello! You do not have to speak with the police with regard to the accident or to the damage to your car. If it truly was a hit and run they would most likely cite release you, which is what you are referring to as "paper arrest." However, based on the fact that it occurred so long ago, I would find it hard to believe that they are going to press charges or be able to make a case with such little evidence

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.


So Im not obligated to tell them anything> I just say I wann stay silent? Thanks

AttyCBradford and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions