Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My (18) son was on probation for reckless driving, hitting

a stationary vehicle, and driving...
My (18) son was on probation for reckless driving, hitting a stationary vehicle, and driving without a license. When he went to see his PO he failed a drug screen for (THC). They now have him in jail until Monday when he has to go in front of the judge. He has never had any prior offenses. Will it do any good for me to get him a lawyer. I am on limited income. He has never been in jail before and he is not eating or sleeping and all he does is cry. His probation officer is going to recommend a drug abuse program and longer probation as well as community service. I guess what I am asking is will it be beneficial to get an attorney or is the judge just going to do what ever they are going to do?
11/16/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your son's unfortunate situation.

Since your son has violated his probation by failing the drug test, and it is your son's PO who actually violated his probation and sent him to jail to await the probation violation court hearing, it would not be a good idea to rely on anything that the PO is telling you and consult and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent your son at his probation violation hearing, so this local attorney can present your son's situation in the best possible light to the judge and hopefully the judge will not violate your son's probation and will not re-sentence your son to jail for failing the drug test.

You can find an experienced local criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com

www.lexmundi.com

www.lawyers.com

www.justia.com

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law