How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

gang stalking

This answer was rated:

gang stalking
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Do you have proof of this surveillance?
2) Do you wish to sue the government, is this what you mean? Or simply to stop?
3) If not, what are you trying to achieve/ask?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1) I'm considering suing in a state level open government request and would like to know which entity would most likely be of interest to send a request to. I do not have proof.

2) At a minimum I'd like it to stop; if necessary I'm considering suing the

government. I would be interested in a general overview of the time, effort,

cost involved in past cases that are similar to this one.

3) I'd like to initiate some policy changes at a minimum in policing that could potentially lead to some changes in current law.

Thank you, A.

Apologies in advance for the momentary wait while I am typing out the answer...
My apologies for the wait.

Now, assuming that there is surveillance on a state/federal level, the government (I am going to use that term for both state and federal) will not acknowledge it. Under federal FREEDOM OF INFORMATION and WA's Washington Public Records Act, §42.56 et seq., an ongoing surveillance for police action does not require disclosure.

Ergo, this may prove useless.

One in your situation would have to sue state/fed government. This is NOT easy. For state, you'd have to show that the state's agency/agencies breached your rights/committed a tortuous action with gross negligence. This is a hard standard

Suing the fed government is also not easy, and this would involve filing a suit in US District Court.

Both of these actions would likely cost thousands and may take up to a year or more to push through the Courts. An attorney is recommended.

This would involve contacting your local and federal representatives and asking for them to introduce a law that limits such surveillance. For federal level, see here. For WA, see here under "Find Your District."

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correctt. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Ely and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your gratuity.