How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118777
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to prove the truth when only half of the story is told.

This answer was rated:

How to prove the truth when only half of the story is told. process server(one man and one woman) went to my parent house serving papers. parents told them I dont live there, which is true. The woman throw the paper on the yard, and my parent objected. The man then pick up the paper and they left. about 30 days later, the papers were left on the yard. but the opposing party claims the paper was properly served the first time. and the process server wrote a declaration, stating she left the paoer with my parent. but never mention her partner took it away. now the response is late. because 30 days were missing. how can i prove the truth to the judge.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

This is something that courts frequently have to deal with as they often only have one side of the story. You would have to have your parent testify in court regarding what happened on the date that the paper was thrown in the yard and the male server picked it up. The courts frequently hear this type of issue and it would be your witness testimony against the other side's witness testimony.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any other way beside have them testify in court? my parents are in their 70s. They speak very little English. And they are in poor health, especially my mother. They definitely need interpreter if they go. Having them testify is my last choice but it is definitely an option. Will the judge trust them? can the other party say, they are his,parent, they are helping their son. g

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that the only way to prove anything in court is by having witnesses testify in court on the record. The judge is the sole determiner of the evidence presented to the facts and has to evaluate anyone who testifies. The court will provide an interpreter upon your request to the court and while they may be your parents they were the only witnesses to what occurred.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you