How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27460
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In March 2013, I pleaded guilty to NYC Admin Code 19-506(b)(1)

This answer was rated:

In March 2013, I pleaded guilty to NYC Admin Code 19-506(b)(1) and paid the fine of $500 at TLC court. Is this a criminal conviction? Will I have a criminal record and how can I erase this record? And when job application asks for any conviction besides minor traffic violation, would this be beyond minor traffic violation?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced NYS criminal lawyer.

This matter could be treated in criminal court or handled as an administrative proceeding in fromt of a magistrate for the Taxi and Limousine Commission.

If you did not appear in criminal court but appeared before a TLC magistrate, then your offense was treated as a civil infraction and you do not have a criminal record.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need to state this guilty plead or convictions for any job or gov't application if they ask for convictions beyond minor traffic violations?

No, you don't have to state it because it was handled internally by the TLC as an administrative and not a criminal proceeding.

If this were treated as a criminal conviction, you'd have come before a regular judge in criminal court.
Zoey_ JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you