How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a prior felony with home invasion back in 2004 stealing

This answer was rated:

My son has a prior felony with home invasion back in 2004 stealing guns. Just recently he went to a friends house and the friend wanted him to take a stolen gun to hide for him because police were questioning the friend. So like a fool my son took the gun and hid it for about a week. The friends finally came to his house and retrieved the gun, then a few days later the police pull over his girlfriend who was not aware what was even going on and questioned. Detective from the area came to my son's house questioning him and he admitted that he did have the gun but the so called friends came and got the gun back. They never caught my son with the gun they have no evidence that he even had. He was honest with the detective and told him he did have it. Now they are suppose to issue a warrant for his arrest for having the gun which they never caught him with possession of it. This happen in Michigan Montcalm county. The so called friends our known drug dealers around the area. My son was very wrong and knows better and regrets what he did what kind of advice can you give us?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.


Th attorney you spoke with is correct you son confessed to having a gun. Your son should not confess to knowing the gun was stolen. Knowingly accepting stolen property can also lead to criminal charges. The best you can do is to hire a lawyer and try to plead the charge where your son only gets probation.


If your son is willing to turn on his friend that could also make a plea deal more attractive for the prosecutor. The State is highly interested in keeping guns off the street.


Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).

Jack R. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you