How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27050
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im interested in having my gun rights restored in Pa. I was

This answer was rated:

Im interested in having my gun rights restored in Pa. I was convicted of cocaine possession which was a felony in the county ( Chesterfield Va. ) I was arrested in even tho it was a very small amount. The offense was approx 15yrs ago. Ive read I need to have my civil rights restored first do I need to petition the state I was convicted in or the state I reside in ?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

Unfortunately, while your right to vote is restored automatically in Pennsylvania, the only way you can get the rest of your civil rights back would be if the governor of PA grants you a full pardon.

A pardon is rare, but you don't need a lawyer to apply so it's worth a try. The form is not on line. YOu must send to Harrisburg for it. You can find out more about obtaining one here.
Zoey_ JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you