How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To file a petition under Statute AR 12-12- 919, for termination

This answer was rated:

To file a petition under Statute AR 12-12- 919, for termination of obligation on a sex offender case what steps would a person needs to be taken to file a request for consideration?

Samuel II :


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Here is what the law says

(ii) A sex offender sentenced in another state but permanently residing in Arkansas may make an application for an order terminating the obligation to register to the court of the county in which the sex offender resides.

(B) (i) The court shall hold a hearing on the application at which the applicant and any interested persons may present witnesses and other evidence.

(ii) No fewer than twenty (20) days prior to the date of the hearing on the application, a copy of the application for termination of the obligation to register shall be served on the prosecutor of the county in which the adjudication of guilt triggering registration was obtained.

(2) The court shall grant an order terminating the obligation to register upon proof by a preponderance of the evidence that:

(A) The applicant placed on parole, supervised release, or probation has not been adjudicated guilty of a sex offense for a period of fifteen (15) years after the applicant was released from prison or other institution; and

Samuel II :

(B) The applicant is not likely to pose a threat to the safety of others.

Samuel II :

Therefore, I suggest you can check with the clerk of the court in the county that you live in and see if they have a form that you can use for this procedure.

Samuel II :

You will need to show ID that you are now residing in AR

Samuel II :

If they do not have a form that you can fill in and fill, then you will need to draft a Petition from scratch. And I suggest that you can ask the Clerk to pull one for you that you can use as a sample and then change to fit your specific needs.

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated


Hi Sam,


Hi Sam, a lot of the information you provided I had already read online, I went to the County Clerk and ask this question first. The person I spoke to had no knowledge of the law. I need to know if there is another source I can find online which could help me with drafting this petition? I really need some help with this matter.

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you