How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i wanted to file a motion to dismiss due to police misconduct

This answer was rated:

if i wanted to file a motion to dismiss due to police misconduct would at that hearing would i get to play tapes of statement taken from police if it was part of my case? kinda like a mini trial?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : A motion to dismiss is based solely on the pleadings, so if you're wanting to introduce additional information, evidence, etc., then you would have to file a motion for summary judgment.
Roger : But, if you were to file that motion, yes, you can present evidence, question witnesses, etc.
Roger and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you