How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 29803
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok I have been going to court for the past year and a half

This answer was rated:

Ok I have been going to court for the past year and a half on a possession with the intent to distribute and have only 1 prior before this one and it was for the same thing and there trying to say I am a prior in persistent and make the b felony a a felony is that possible to do so my first charges have been over 15 years old I did a 120 and walk 5years of paper and there tring to give me 8 years this time and if I don't take this then it could be more

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Under Missouri law, a "prior offender" is anyone who has previously pleaded guilty to or been convicted of a felony. A "persistent offender" has two or more felony convictions. The statute unfortunately does not place any time limits on these definitions. Missouri Stat., Section 558.016. So if you have one prior conviction, you could be determined to be a prior offender, but you are not a persistent offender.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you