Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

law inforcement and local media are puttin my name as a person

law inforcement and local media are puttin my name as a person of intrest in a murder when they have 15 to 30 people in the case and the only name that came out is mine can they do that
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

So you are saying the Police released your name as a prime suspect in this crime?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES THEY RELAESE MY NAME TO THE LOCAL NEWS WHEN THEY HAVE 15 TO 30 SUSPECTS BUT THEY PUT ME AS THE PERSON OF INTREST

Hello

I see. Well, there is nothing illegal about the police releasing the name of who they feel is a Prime Suspect.

It's a strategy they use. They are going to release one name and hope that that person will then "cooperate" and give up the others, if there are any co defendants.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT EVEN IF THIS AFFECTS MY FAMILY I LEAVE IN A SMALL TOWN WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYBODY AND THIS IS GOIN TO AFFECT MY KIDS

Hello

Unfortunately not. As long as the press is only printing the facts as given to them by the police.

I suggest you can write a letter to be published in the letters to the editor and state that there are 30 some suspects and that you had nothing to do with it. And are appalled that you would be singled out

You also can write the Editor a separate letter not for publication and tell them if they deviate from any information that the police provide or interject opinion into a story that cause you harm you will sue them for defamation.

I'm sorry that there is no other recourse.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated