How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I regain my rights afer a felony conviction? I have

Customer Question

How do I regain my rights afer a felony conviction? I have 3 in Georgia from 1981 and 1 in Tennessee in 1984
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that GA will not restore your rights nor will TN without you applying for a pardon from the governors of each state. You are going to need an attorney in each state to apply for the pardons, but quite honestly with 3 in GA, it is not likely the governor will pardon all three felony convictions I am afraid. Have you sought out to file your petitions for pardons with the board of pardon and parole in GA and TN?