How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was convicted as a offender in Miami and up for

This answer was rated:

My son was convicted as a sex offender in Miami and up for early release afer completing a program and is eligible to go to a half way house in March, 2014. He has lived in Miami all his life and his family is here. We have been told that there is no half way house for sex offenders in Florida. We sre desperately trying to find him a place for him, hopefully here in the Miami area. Could you please let me know if what we have been told is true and, if not, what other options might we have. I thank you in advance for any help you can give us.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : Halfway houses for any offender, including a convicted sex offender, are handled by the commissioners for every county.
Roger : There are halfway houses in Florida, and there are in Miami-Dade county, but the restrictions on these are very tough - - especially since the Jessica Lunsford murder in 2005.
Roger : Here's a good link that outlines the halfway houses throughout the state, including Miami-Dade, with addresses, etc. :
Roger : There are some sex offender halfway houses listed there. But, the best thing would be to contact your county commissioner's office and ask for assistance locating the nearest one.

Sorry about the delay, my computer is acting up. Can you give me the names and locations? I will be able to determine which ones are nearest.

Roger : If you review the link, there's a list of halfway houses in several counties for sex offenders. Also, I'll see if I can find some addresses.

Are these listed by offence?


Thanks. I appreciate your getting them for me.

Roger : Here's another link to several halfway houses in Florida:
Roger : You would have to contact the housing facility to see what type of offenders are eligible to live there.
Roger : Sex Offender housing is provided by H4THO Corp. - Offenders/Predators/Cond Releasees, 2420 SW 44 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33317; website:; phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Roger : They have facilities in Orange, Volusia, Pasco, Pinellas and Broward counties.
Roger : There may be others, but this is the only information I have found specifically regarding sex offender housing.
Roger : Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.
Roger and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you