TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Do I have to enter guilty plea to enter a diversion program

Do I have to enter guilty plea to enter a diversion program in Ohio? If yes can I ask the Prosecutor to allow me to enter diversion program without guilty plea because of my immigration status? I'm a non-citizen.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. You do in fact have to plead guilty in order to enter into a diversion program. The reason is because if you're not guilty, then there is no reason to enter into a diversion program. In other words, the only people who need a diversion program are people who are guilty.

Therefore, I'm really sorry to say that I doubt the prosecutor will allow you to answer a diversion program without pleading guilty. I just don't think it is possible.