How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 12365
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to enter guilty plea to enter a diversion program

This answer was rated:

Do I have to enter guilty plea to enter a diversion program in Ohio? If yes can I ask the Prosecutor to allow me to enter diversion program without guilty plea because of my immigration status? I'm a non-citizen.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. You do in fact have to plead guilty in order to enter into a diversion program. The reason is because if you're not guilty, then there is no reason to enter into a diversion program. In other words, the only people who need a diversion program are people who are guilty.

Therefore, I'm really sorry to say that I doubt the prosecutor will allow you to answer a diversion program without pleading guilty. I just don't think it is possible.
TJ, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you