Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I do not know if this is the correct category or not, but here

I do not know if this is the correct category or not, but here goes:
First a little background:

In my city (a small town in Texas), there lives a mother and daughter (both well above the age of 21) together in a house that has no water service to it (cut off for non payment). This couple has been seen going across the street to a little park and using the water there to bathe with. Now that the water to the park has been shut off for the winter, it is unknown where they are getting water from. There is electricity service to the home (they are on a prepaid type of plan). There have been numerous code violations written for this home and the daughter at this time owes the City around $9000.00 in fines, fees, capias warrants, etc.
I have not been in the house, but was told by very knowledgeable people, code enforcement, and the City Marshall, that when they have entered the home, they have observed dog poop on the floors, and the people inside walking around bare footed and stepping on it
The last time the daughter was arrested, she almost immediately feigned an illness, and, of course, was taken to the medical facility. The daughter does have diabetes.

I know we could arrest her again and make her set it out, however she will get three hots and a cot, free medical, and the City will pay for it. She will play the system again and again.

The City has had the Fire Marshall look at the house, and he says there is nothing there for him to be involved with.

So finally, my question is "what can any City do in a case like this?" Is there any recourse or action the City can take to finally rid ourselves of these persons?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing information in this regard.

So these persons own this property but are just too poor to maintain it, is that correct?

Has the Health Department been notified of the dog feces on the floor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct.

This is unknown to me. However, depending on your answer, the County Health Dept and County Sheriff will probably my next contact.

Hello

Well, I suggest you contact the County Healh Department and have them inspect the property for health concerns.

If the owners are paying all their taxes there is nothing the City can do. If they are not, then of course, they can force them out with a tax sale.

I suggest you start with the Health Department and then the office of Taxation to see if taxes are due.