Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

IF State decides not to get the fugitive from another state

IF State decides not to get the fugitive from another state that is being held at the jail on fugitive warrant do they respond back that they are not coming to get the fugitive or they will not respond and fugitive will be out after 30 days?

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Samuel II :

If they are not interested in coming for the offender, they will notify the holding jail/facility and then the offender should be released

Samuel II :

That does not mean there is no more warrant. It only means the state will not travel to extradite. But if the offender goes into that state, they will be arrested.

Samuel II :

Keep in mind, that the 30 days is not locked in stone. It may be a little longer

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer:

it might be longer for what reasons?

Samuel II :

Because the state where the warrant is issued may request an extension because it takes time to get the paperwork done to have an extradition

Samuel II :

And if they get an extension, then that would be sent to the state where the offender is. And extenstion can be as long as an additional 30-45 days

Customer:

o ok

Samuel II :

Extradition paperwork is pretty complext and can take some time. So a court generally will allow one if requested

Customer:

thank you for you help