Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

i made a plea bargain agreement for three counties in texas.

my sentence was 30 days...
i made a plea bargain agreement for three counties in texas. my sentence was 30 days county jail, rehab, sober living and outpatient classes then remain on probation for 3 years.

after 30 days jail i didn't go immediately to rehab as ordered. two of the three counties filed motion to revoke but one county didn't. that one county is where my plea bargain took place and the same county i did my jail sentence in.

my question is since that's where i started my plea bargain agreement could that be the
"lead" county? because they are the ones who didn't file on me?
10/29/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Customer:

yes i am here

Alex J. Esq. :

Did you have criminal charges in 3 counties, which were then adjudicated inXXXXX

Alex J. Esq. :

??

Customer:

yes 3 counties; but we agreed in all three counties

Alex J. Esq. :

so were the charges consolidated?

Alex J. Esq. :

and one county offered you plea bargain for all 3 counties, correct?

Alex J. Esq. :

Instead of facing 3 separate sentences?

Customer:

no im supposed to report to 3 counties; the jail sentence was part of a condition of probation? let me go get my paperwork real quick??

Alex J. Esq. :

So basically, the other 2 counties agreed to the sentencing by the 3rd county, correct?

Alex J. Esq. :

Have you been arrested because of this violation of your sentence?

Customer:

yes that's the way i understood it

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you know if there is an arrest warrant out for you?

Alex J. Esq. :

Okay.

Alex J. Esq. :

That makes sense.

Customer:

i was already under a mtr with 2 new charges in 2 of those counties

Customer:

originally on probation in Madison county and brazos county with 2 new charges in grimes county and brazos county so i did some confidential informant work and we arranged the plea bargain

Alex J. Esq. :

I understand.

Customer:

i was supposed to do each condition immediately following the other one. after jail i waited 8 months before attending rehab

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, this is a serious situation, as the court can pretty much issue an arrest warrant and re-sentence you to up to the maximum jail / prison sentence.

Alex J. Esq. :

Were the charges you plead guilty to, misdemeanor or felony?

Customer:

that's when the mtrs were filed in Madison and grimes. my po in brazos county said they didn't file bc my attorney kept her informed

Customer:

felony

Customer:

i am about to start outpatient classes now

Customer:

could the counties be arranged for brazos to be the lead county?

Alex J. Esq. :

Only if the other 2 counties agree, which would be difficult, if the sentence by the "lead" county was not complied with.

Alex J. Esq. :

Basically, you would have to have your local criminal defense attorney provide the court with a legally compelling reason / excuse as to why you did not start the rehab as ordered by the court.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

the truth is i had personal family problems and couldn't get payment bc i was paying for it

Customer:

i don't know if that is a compelling reason?

Alex J. Esq. :

Generally, financial hardship would not be considered legally compelling reason, especially if the court was not informed of such hardship before the defendant failed to comply with sentence.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Alex J. Esq. :

I know this is no what you were hoping to hear, but I would be doing you a disservice if I try to "sugar-coat" my answer.

Alex J. Esq. :

I know you want and deserve correct and accurate answers to your questions.

Customer:

yes definetly but shouldn't my attorney have filed something with the court on my behalf? he knew what was going on

Alex J. Esq. :

Absolutely.

Alex J. Esq. :

If your attorney was informed by you that you could not comply with the sentence, due to financial hardship, your attorney should have addressed such serious issue with the court and this is something that you might need to bring up with your local criminal defense attorney.

Customer:

okay thank you

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law