How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

son, 16 arrested for possession of marijuana. Police later

This answer was rated:

son, 16 arrested for possession of marijuana. Police later found 3 vicodon and 2 "molly" pills. No prior drug arrests. Waynce County Michigan. Is he a canidate for a diversion program in lieu of court?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Assuming he has no prior record, juvenile court is about rehabilitation. In most circumstances like this, the court is more interested in treatment, not punishment. The likely offer from the state will be a series of drug classes or counseling and a dismissal.

If you can retain an attorney, that would be advisable. Even though he is a juvenile, it is worth ensuring that he has no record.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you