How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27264
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the proper way for someone pro se to get a

This answer was rated:

what is the proper way for someone pro se to get a i file a notice of hearing then call the state ourt reporter and go from there?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Would you mind sharing with me the type of hearing you want to obtain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to get in front of the judge and let her decide if the public defender that i fired today is required to RETURN to me the file of evidence i gave her when she was appointed.......second......i realize she doesnt have to give me work product but if the depos are already transcribed how do i get them


Jess, thank you for the additional information. The first thing you want to do is file the motion. The original gets filed with the clerk of court and then copies need to be sent to the Judge, State Attorney and Public Defender. Once the motion is filed, then you would need to contact the Judicial Assistant of the Judge, to obtain a hearing date. Once that is provided, you then would have to send out a notice of hearing to all parties as well. As far as the depos go, if you need to order a copy, you simply need to obtain the name of the court reporter / company used and call them up to have it ordered. They will just need the styling of the case and the date/time it was done and they can send it to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if the court has me indigent will i be required to pay the 245 fee?

The $245 fee for what? The transcripts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes at least when i was gonna get them transcribed they charge 245 for a copy is that a different story?


If the PD already has a copy of those, you can ask the Judge that they provide you with a copy and just charge you, to make the copies, which would be a lot less. I do not think the Judge is going to consider the transcripts from a deposition something that they do not need to turn over to you, since all parties to the proceedings could obtain a copy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she has all but 2 and those were already ordered last week ....i dont want to pay for them AND the court hold im indigent

If they were already ordered, then the Judge is going to tell the PD to provide you with a copy. Seeing how you are indigent, there should not be a charge for this either.
CrimDefense and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you