How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been falsely accused of 3rd degree arson. The fire

This answer was rated:

My son has been falsely accused of 3rd degree arson. The fire report stated that there was no cause found for the start of the fire. The insurance company has paid thousands of dollars to the wife for the fire. my son got no one cent. The house is being repaired. the deed to the house is in my son's name. The fire took place over a year ago. both my son and wife was interviewed by police and insurance company. no charge was issued, until the wife, about two months ago, states to the insurance company that she thought that my son committed the fire. on the day of the fire, my son was the last one out of the house. My son is a model citizen. the company he works for has assisted in some of the fees. his mother paid the bond fee. he makes too much to get legal aid. the attorney's wanted $20,000 which he couldn't afford. My son and I went to court last week where he was waiting the judges decision on the case. The prosecutor ramp and raged about injustice, when it was the prosecutor office that offered my son this offer. In my opinion the prosecutor mislead the judge, because he knew what the fire report said. His next court date is on December 5th and the judge wants the fire and insurance report. I am trying to get an attorney for this December 5th date just to answer questions, because I don't know what to ask. What other options do I have?
thank you
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

There really aren't any other options than to have representation. There are multiple options to hire for a criminal case like this, many of who take payment plans and don't charge so much for a case like this. It just sometimes takes a little extra footwork to find them.

The prosecutor's job is to prosecute. The fire report is only a part of the puzzle. The problem evidently is the wife. If there is nothing to substantiate what she is saying, then it is very likely the case will be dismissed.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you