How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a criminal complaint for perjury against a police

This answer was rated:

How do I file a criminal complaint for perjury against a police officer or officer in training, based on the criminal complaint against me being a sworn under penalty document that not true.

Civilians cannot file criminal charges directly. Individuals are charged by either the police or the prosecutor's office. Obviously, it would not make sense to go to the police in an attempt to get charges filed so you may want to try contacting the prosecutor's office. If the charges against you are still pending, it is not a great idea to contact them since they can use anything you say against you, but that is up to you. If you have any evidence that helps to prove that perjury occurred, you may want to take it with you. Otherwise, prosecutors are very reluctant to file perjury charges if it is your word against the officer's...they will generally require more evidence than that to go forward on perjury charges.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions