Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

In South Carolina if you are in jail, you can have a bond hearing

In South Carolina if you are in jail, you can have a bond hearing every 6 months, unless your "facts and circumstances" change, right? So if the "victim" is now on your side, but it hasn't been 6 months since your last bond hearing, would it be considered that your "facts and circumstances" have changed and you are entitled to a bond hearing?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

And the answer to your question is yes - that certainly would be a change in facts and circumstances. And so yes, a new bond hearing would be appropriate

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, my son's lawyer isn't doing anything about scheduling a bond hearing even though he said he would a month ago. He won't go see my son in jail even though he's told me many times he's going to see him. He's a "super lawyer". I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Hello

I suggest that you need to write the attorney a letter and tell him you know he is busy but you want this bond hearing before this "victim" changes their mind and that if that happens you will have to report him the Bar Association

I suggest that will get his attention. Remember, a good/"Super" lawyer is a busy lawyer.

Mail that letter certified with a return receipt requested. Do not try to call or email him, You may need to proof that you mailed the letter.