How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a dui be retried, and if so what is the time frame for

This answer was rated:

Can a dui be retried, and if so what is the time frame for that to be done
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

A Motion for a New Trial must be filed within 30 days of the sentencing.

Any conviction that is 13 years old is by now complete and final. There is no way to go back and address something of that age. At a certain point there must finality in the criminal justice system.

The only thing that can be done now is request a pardon. Information on how to do that in Virginia can be found here

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what would be the best way to get my court records on this case


I can point you in the right direction on that. In what county did it occur?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

augusta county, city of staunton


You can request a copy of the file from the court clerk in Augusta County. I'm not sure whether your case was tried in circuit court or general district court, so I'll give you both numbers for both clerks.

The circuit court clerk's number is (NNN) NNN-NNNN

The general district court clerk's number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

They will probably have to get your file out of the archives because of its age which may take an extra day or two, but they can help you get the copies you need.

Nate and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you