How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has 2 ccw charges and 1 drug paraphanalia and 1 curfew

This answer was rated:

my son has 2 ccw charges and 1 drug paraphanalia and 1 curfew charge. he's never been in trouble in school or otherwise and has decent grades. i was told that most likely he'll get counseling services aiming at helping him and be on probation. should i hire outside counsel seeing that it's his 1st serious offense ever
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

You will get a good feel for what will happen after the first court date. If you are not happy with the offer, you can ask for another court date to consult a lawyer. That won't be a problem.

If there is no history, whoever told you that is mostly correct. The focus for juveniles is initially on rehabilitation until they show that doesn't work. Counseling will very likely be exactly what happens in his situation.

So, try to save money on the attorney until after the first appearance, if necessary.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can a school deny him access because of his 2 ccw or other charges ?

That depends on the school's policies, but certainly that would be allowable.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. So even if they were to recommend a 1/2 way home I'd still have time to seek counsel to contest that offer too?

Yes. If you don't like the offer, the only way to realistically change is to get him an attorney.
Nate and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your time. i will rate you as excellent

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you and your son the best of luck.