How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20231
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Whats the process to get a charge removed from your record

This answer was rated:

What's the process to get a charge removed from your record after it's been dismissed?

When I check the Washington Court Case site ( my case still shows up. I'd like to have it removed.

Thank you for your question. If your case was dismissed, you can have it expunged/deleted from your records by filling out the form at the link below and sending it to the address on the form.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clarification...the link you provided states this can't be expunged until either:

a) two years have passed since the case was dismissed

b) three years have passed since the citation was issued against me


Am I reading this correct?

Sorry for the delay in responding as I was logged off for the day, but, yes, that is correct.

Related Criminal Law Questions