How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26783
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will the Texas Department of Insurance deny me my claims adjuster

This answer was rated:

Will the Texas Department of Insurance deny me my claims adjuster license if I have a deferred adjudicated/dismissed misdemeanor? It was alcohol sale to a minor in the state if Texas.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with this question.

You will have to disclose your deferred adjudication to the Texas Department of Insurance when you fill out the application. But you will not be disqualified right out of the box for having had a criminal offense deferred. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.

Here's what the application states:

If you answered “Yes” to any of questions 7a–d, [questions on whether or not you've had criminal convictions] you must submit original certified copies of the charging document, indictment, information, or any other charging document, judgment of conviction, and/or deferred adjudication order, probation order, order terminating probation, community supervision and/or parole certificate for each and every crime or offense. If the court states they no longer have the records, please have the court provide us with a letter on their letterhead stating that fact. If you were arrested only and not prosecuted, please provide a records search from the appropriate jurisdiction indicating a final disposition. You must submit a statement describing the circumstances leading to the offense(s). You must include your age at the time(s) of the offense(s).You may provide letters of recommendations from any persons in contact with you that are aware of your criminal past.

So, they do have the discretion to deny you, or for that matter, anyone else, a license. but if you package yourself well, with a deferral that is alcohol rather than theft-related, you can still get your license.
Zoey_ JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions