How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118720
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

OK. Now the Western District Court has seized money from our

This answer was rated:

OK. Now the Western District Court has seized money from our bank account. Our attorney has attempted to get info and they are telling him the file is sealed. We have also heard from other Business Owners whose account are frozen and have been seized. One of them has 12 stores and was told if he forfeits his bank account this will all go away. All of us follow the state and federal laws regarding Aroma Therapy and NONE OF US have been charged with any crime. What is the statue of limitation on Federal Cases? How can they do this to hard working business people? What should be we do?
Thank you for your question and for coming back asking for me.

It is amazing that they will not stop on this matter. The general statute of limitations on federal criminal offenses is 5 years. They are just trying to extort the money from the businesses to make it less profitable to continue selling these substances which are at best ambiguously defined in the laws as illegal. You need to keep your attorney fighting them, as eventually when they see people fighting they will give up, but the government does make you fight hard I am afraid.

You need to keep your attorney fighting for the release of your funds and violation of your 4th amendment rights for taking your property without due process.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you