How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights if my boyfriends ex-wife is accusing me

This answer was rated:

What are my rights if my boyfriend's ex-wife is accusing me of drug use in his home around their two children? Her accusation comes from 2 jealous women in our neighborhood. What kinds of things can the mother's lawyer ask of me (types of drug test, how often) where am I allowed to draw the line and not be put through the ringer based on her outlandish accusations? What are my rights in this situation?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

You are under no legal obligation to talk to any lawyer or anwer any questions if you do not want to. You have a right to say No.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need clarification. At this time the ex-wife is saying she is suing for full custody based on the allegations against me from the neighbors. I am not married to him, but I live in the home that the children spend 50% of their time in. The neighbors are two women and a teenage boy, all whom have issues with my boyfriend and have banded together and attacked. Instead of directly attacking him, they have attacked me. Everything is all just here say and opinions, but they are working together and have already informed us of this. My boyfriend does have a family law attorney, as his ex-wife has been volatile from the get go. My question is HOW do I protect myself in this situation? What types of things must I do and what things do I absolutely not have to do? How does a case like this progress...what can i expect?


Thank you for following up

And it really is quite simple. You do not have to say anything to anyone under any circumstances and so the best way to protect yourself is to stay quiet and stay out of it.

If the Mother is going to say you are a bad person, because you use drugs in front of the kids, she needs to have proof and not as you know the hearsay of others.

There will need to be solid proof that the children are in harm's way with you living there for her lawyer to try to substaniate the claim.

At this time, I suggest you just stay out of it and remain quiet

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you