Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

If I am subpenaed (sp?) and I get a doctors excuse (I am disabled),

If I am subpenaed (sp?) and I get a doctor's excuse (I am disabled), will that excuse me?
PS I really liked your to-the-point, easily understandable answer to my last question.I wish I could tip more, but I am on a very limited income.
Hello again,
.
.
To be honest, if you are medically unable to attend, it would likely excuse you from a personal appearance, but if they really wanted you as a witness, they can ask the judge to allow you to appear remotely via video or even by phone in some circumstances. It is then up to the judge as to whether to excuse you from testifying and being called as a witness. Typically it would depend on whether you were a critical witness or not and whether the DA could make their case without your participation.
.
And you are very welcome and thanks so much for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is greatly appreciated!
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What a relief! I am a critical witness, if they go that far. But to know that I could do video/phone appearance. I am in a lot of pain 24/7 (broken back) and sitting or standing too long only makes it worse. Plus, I suffer from chronic anxiety (it sucks!) and depression (that also sucks) to which I have bad reactions to many medications. So, I'd rather suffer in the comfort of my home than in a courtroom. That might have been TMI, but I might be asking more questions as things go and I figured, you might as well know some of my disabilities. Anyway, thanks.

I am sorry to hear that you are having those type of medical problems. I realize you must be in a lot of constant pain and I hope that you are on the mend and recovering. With that being the case, I would definitely think that you have a very good reason for asking to be excused from appearing personally.
.

Thanks so much again for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is very much appreciated!

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. Please feel free to ask for me if you need help with anything in the future and I will do everything I can to help or get you to someone who can.

.

.

All the best to you and yours and I hope you heal quickly..