How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was granted release of property but was asked to put an order

This answer was rated:

I was granted release of property but was asked to put an 'order' for release of property.

If anyone can give me the details of what to include in this writ[order] and if perhaps there is a template or guidelines to follow. cell phones were taken in an unlawful arrest.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Here is the motion, memorandum and order to release seized property that you can copy to use and file. It also has some simple instructions to complete it to guide you.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I made an oral order for return of property and had no objection to the return of property. If order was granted. the written order is for judge to approve so that I may present it to the law enforcement agency holding property, right? the only one required as of now would be the last two docs"order of return of seized property, right?

Thank you for your response.

That is correct if you made an oral motion, you need to just submit a written order and the order is one of the pages in the link I sent you.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you