Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What is the law about emailing explicit images to a minor,

in the state of Florida...
What is the law about emailing explicit images to a minor, in the state of Florida. If the minor is 16 and the person sending the picture is 22? Does the law change depending on the age of the person in the picture?
10/3/2013
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

If the minor is not also distributing explicit images, then the older person who sent the photo could face a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor if the person in the photo was an adult. If the person in the photo was a child, then that would be a violation of Federal and State child pornography laws.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Is The Law relating to contributing to the delinquency of a minor for all minors, or minors under the
Age of 16? I'm not quite sure I understand the phrasing of the law
Hello again and thank you for your reply. This is a link to the statute: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0827/Sections/0827.04.html

There might also be an issue of unlawful solicitation, depending of the facts as prohibited by the statute you can see at: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0847/Sections/0847.0135.html
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and thank you for your business. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue in the future, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer