How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question in regards XXXXX XXXXX Now that the bill has been signed

This answer was rated:

Question in regards XXXXX XXXXX
Now that the bill has been signed into law, what is the process for an inmate that falls within SB260 guidelines. He has been in prison for 26 years on a 17 to life sentence. Where can we go for help?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If your son qualifies under the law guidelines, then you need to get him a criminal attorney and they need to file an petition for parole to the CA Parole Board first, if the parole board refuses to set his case, then the attorney has to go to court to file a motion to court to order the parole board to hear the case. Since the law was passed, I believe the parole board has received numerous applications for parole and they are taking them on a first come first serve basis. He has to get his request for granting parole pursuant to SB 260 filed with the parole board.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you