How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27181
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been accused by my ex-husband of overdosing on drugs...what will they do to find ou

Customer Question

I have been accused by my ex-husband of overdosing on drugs...what will they do to find out if this was true (which it wasn't)
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. Who did he make this allegation to and why did he make it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My ex-husband made the allegation. I was in a car accident, and asked him to take the kids overnight while I recovered from the accident. Today, CPS came to my door and said it was for a drug overdose allegation. What do they do to follow up on this?

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. There is going to have to be evidence to support this and the mere allegation alone, should not likely result in anything more then an inquiry. The reason I say this, is because if there was a drug overdose, you would have been admitted to the hospital. Moreover, if there was a car accident and it was suspected that drugs played a role, it would have been stated in the police report and you would have been arrested. CPS does need to take all complaints seriously, but if you speak with them, advise them of the situation and share with them that you ex is only causing problems and there is no basis to support his allegation, they will likely close the case. You may also want to offer to submit to a drug test, to show there is nothing in your system.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Criminal Law Questions