How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am on probation for child endangerment, but have been

Customer Question

If I am on probation for child endangerment, but have been on good behavior for a year and a half, will that effect me getting custody of my unborn child, i am seperating from my husband who has schizophenia, and chrones disease and lives with his parents and does not make any money and has only made $1500. in two years, he is not capable of working and wont. He has been violent towards me for 2 months now so I seperated from him., he wants to get custody and have his mother care for the baby, she is also on meds for the same condition. If I provide an upscale home with all the amenities and a fine loving home with my family, I can provide the care and all the attention the baby needs, what can I expect if my husband trys to get custody. He is not capable to take care of the baby but he wants full custody he thinks he will use that against me. what are my options , will i have a problem with this situation?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.


My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

How long have you been on probation?

Do you work?

What are the circumstances behind the child endangerment conviction, briefly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi samuel ,I was a nanny for a family and I left a baby sleeping for only 10 min while I went inside the store for water, when i came out the police were there. She was sleeping i know I should have not left her, I have been on probation for 1 1/2 years of 3 years. Yes I have been working , I have a beauty license and also work in my fathers medical practice.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.


Thank you

No. I suggest, that incident is not something that would preclude you from custody of your child.

It is against the law to leave a child alone in a car, but it is not something that a court is going to say "oh you are a bad Mom" and give the child fully and solely to the Father.

It sounds as if the Father has no place to raise a child.

And as long as you can provide a stable home, then that is what the court looks like in tiese matters

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.