How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 19 year old son is dating, and was living with, his 16 year

This answer was rated:

My 19 year old son is dating, and was living with, his 16 year old girlfriend in an apartment. They lost the apartment and had to move in with me, his father. Is there a problem with this? Can i get in trouble for moving her in to my house? What can I do to stop from getting in any trouble?


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

When she was in the apartment with your son, did her parents know where she was?

Do they know now?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Her parents are split and she really only deals with her Mother. However, that relationship is why she had moved out in the first place. She has been in and out of her Mothers house for the last few years. When she got kicked out of her Mothers home that last time, approximately 3 weeks ago, her and my 19 year old son moved into an apartment (a room in a friends house) together. The Mother knew they were living together. Yesterday my Son call me and informed me that the room was no longer going to be available and that they would have to move out. With no where else to go he asked if they could move in to our house. The Mother knows they are living together at our house but she has not been told where our house is.


Ok. As long as the Mother knows she is safe.

She is of age to consent to sexual relations, so the Mother has no claim there

And as far as her living with your son in your home, if the Mother calls the police and they come - they will check to see she is in a safe environment and doing well and report back to the Mother that the girl is safe.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have one more question relating to the same issue. In Feb. we plan on taking a trip from NJ to FL. We plan on taking the 16 year old girlfriend with us. Can I legally take her with us? Should I have written permission from her Mother?


I suggest that you will need to have written permission from the Mother. You do not want to be transporting the minor out of the state.

Samuel II and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This information was very helpful. Thank you very much.


You are very welcome

Thank you and good luck