How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

so if you get expungment and every time you have to say whether

This answer was rated:

so if you get expungment and every time you have to say whether you were convicted of a crime and if the DA wants you to confess to something you didn't do just to get a lighter sentence of something you didn't do how are you suppose to explain on the job application of what you didn't do but you confess to doing how can someone explain something they didn't do.

I mean if you took junk and they want you to confess to guns chainsaws and value stuff that you didn't really take how do you explain that government made you confess to something you didn't do?

how can you ask the sated to amedn a charge agisnt you.

If the charge was expunged, then you don't have to state that you were convicted of a crime. If it was not expunged, in general, you only have to admit that you were convicted of theft. The circumstances of the plea and the substance of the plea is not really a part of your record. If you were coerced into taking a plea recently, then you may want to contact an attorney about vacating the plea because coerced pleas will not stand. It is not coercion, however, to offer you a good deal in exchange for a plea if you voluntarily chose to accept it.

The prosecutor doesn't have the ability to amend a charge after you have pleaded guilty, but if you have not pleaded guilty, it is simply a matter of trying to negotiate with the prosecutor. If you have a lawyer, your lawyer can talk to the prosecutor to see if they will downgrade the charge in exchange for a plea.
Hammer O'Justice and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you