How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A family member is incarcerated in Ohio; his original sentence

This answer was rated:

A family member is incarcerated in Ohio; his original sentence is 8 yrs 5 mo; he has served about half of that. How can we find out if he is eligible for early release?


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I suggest the best way to get the most accurate and true answer it to contact the family member's CASE MANAGER. Each inmate is assigned one and they can contact the "comittment" department for an exact tally of what is left of the sentence.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

His case manager is unresponsive to his inquiries and does not return my calls. Is there a higher authority in the correctional system?


I am sorry to hear they are not responding to your calls.

I suggest you can try


or toll-free

And tell them what you need. Ask them to put you in touch with the proper person in the Committment office. The Committment office is the department that keeps tabs on the number of days/months, etc that a person is to serve and how many they have and what remains.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks!


You're welcome.

I hope that helped you.
Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you